Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Exploration


This weekend my husband, 6 month old baby and I traveled to Nashville to visit some friends who recently relocated there. The brief trip brought to mind the need to explore and experience things for the first time. All too often we fall into a routine and settle for the status quo.
I found myself envying my daughter who is experiencing everything for the first time. From the goats on the farm we visited to the pug and German Sheppard we stayed with to the carrots you see here.

Each activity was received with such excitement! I was also jealous of our friends who are diving into the Nashville food and beverage scene to find their favorite restaurant and watering hole. (If you are ever in Nashville check out Monell’s for family style home cooked breakfast and The Patterson house for a throwback to Prohibition ambiance and delicious, innovative cocktails!)


While on vacation I love to explore what the locals do and where they eat yet at home I find myself eating at the same quality restaurants and going to the same Atlanta attractions week after week and year after year. Then I realized there is nothing stopping me from living like a tourist in my own town! It’s time to check out festivals and revisit museums, to look for new restaurants off the beaten path and go explore the OTP scene.

Please send me your suggestions of local hideaways and new adventures to explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment